MAHESHWARI MAHASABHA OF NORTH AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP FOR HUA STUDENTS
Maheshwari Mahasabha of North America (MMNA) has established a scholarship fund at HUA to encourage immigrant Hindus and their Hindu descendents to learn about their culture, traditions, practices and philosophies in a systematic way. Scholarship (called MMNA-HUA-Scholarship) is to be awarded to HUA students who meet certain requirements. The broad guideline (criteria) laid down by MMNA for students to be considered for this scholarship is given below in Section 2.0. HUA is very pleased to administer the scholarship program on behalf of MMNA.
Guidelines for selection of students for award of the scholarship are given below. All of the following must be met for considering an application for scholarship.
- Applicant for scholarship must be an HUA student pursuing a masters and/or doctoral level program.
- An application for scholarship must be submitted to HUA before a student is considered for scholarship.
- An applicant must be a legal resident of USA/Canada. (Must be a green card holder or a citizen)
- An applicant must be under 35 years of age at the time of application for scholarship.
- An applicant and his/her father and mother must be born as Hindus and must be practicing Hindu Dharma at the time of application for scholarship. An applicant with Rajasthani roots will be given preference.
- An applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree from a university in North America.
Steps for Application for the MMNA-HUA-scholarship are given below.
- If you are not a student of HUA, pls apply for admission to masters/doctoral program by filling out an admission application form, and paying the application fee.
- If you think you meet the guidelines for scholarship, in Section 2.0 above, pls apply for scholarship by filling out the MMNA-HUA-Scholarship form. The scholarship application can be submitted to HUA along with the admission-application or any time after you have been admitted to a master/doctoral degree program.
- HUA will inform all applicants on the final decision of their application for scholarship. Decision of HUA will be final.